Monday, February 10, 2014

Senioritis

Senioritis- noun. A crippling disease that strikes high school seniors. Symptoms include: laziness, an over-excessive wearing of track pants, old athletic shirts, sweatpants, athletic shorts, and sweatshirts. Also features a lack of studying, repeated absences, and a generally dismissive attitude. The only known cure is a phenomenon known as Graduation.

     Some people say that this disease does not exist and that it is just called laziness. I was one of those people that thought that until it struck me. It is this overwhelming urge not to want to do anything. Obviously I do because my college could tell me I cant go there anymore but sometimes I just don't even try. 


     Now that it is the second semester of my senior year I am starting to realize more and more what this all means. I am just ready to be out of high school. Like right now, I am supposed to be working on an English paper but instead I am typing up a blog post all about how I have senioritis. I mean one would think that I could use this time to actually do something I need to, but nope, I don't think I can do that.


     The one thing that has not been effected by my senioritis is cosmetology school. I still try in that and actually do what I am supposed to do. It is hard to want to do it sometimes, but it's a lot easier to do something I like than to do something I don't.


     So have you or do you have senioritis. Let me know how you got over it? Or if you are currently struggling with this disease tell me what you are trying to do to help it.

~Kaylan

No comments:

Post a Comment