Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Weight Loss Wednesday: The Beginning

     Today, Wednesday April 1, 2015 marks the first day of weight loss Wednesday here on Late Night Glitter. Some of you may remember that back in January I had decided to get healthy and lose weight, and honestly as much as I tried I didn't lose as much as I thought I would within the first two months and I just kind of fell off the band wagon. I did somehow manage to lose 10 lbs in two months, though I have gained 5 of it back. Today is a new start to this weight loss and healthy lifestyle journey. I am going to be 100% honest about how things work out each week and I am not going to hide how I feel from you guys. My hope is that you all will get something out of this, and if you are trying to lose weight realize you are not alone. 

     This is something that is going to be hard for me every week. I am the person that HATES getting on the scale. I tend to feel so good about what I have done in the week and then bam, the scale says I didn't do as well as I thought I would and I instantly get upset and give up on trying. However this time that is not an option. As of April 1, 2015 I weigh 208.4 lbs. The current goal we are aiming for is 190lbs. I plan to lose 1.5-2lbs a week, though I would be happy with just 1lb when it comes down to it. (I plan to have pictures of the next weight in, I just did not have a charged camera with me when I weighed in this time.)

     Following diets is hard for me, but counting calories can be even harder, so I have decided to use the app MyFitnessPal to help me keep track of calories that I eat during the day, as well as use it as a food journal. I am also keeping a running list of every day what calories I start off with at the beginning of the day, what time I eat and how many calories for that meal/snack, as well as my running total of calories for the day and if I have any left over at the end of the day. I have learned that for me being able to write things down like that helps, but it also helps to have an app because I can just punch in my food and the calories and not have to worry about it too much until I get back to my room to fill out the paper.
     As I said above I am planning on 1.5-2 lbs of weight loss per week as my goal. The way that I can do this is through cutting calories down to between 1430 and 1680. 1430 being the number I would need to eat in theory to lose 2 lbs per week and 1680 being the number I would need to eat in theory to lose 1.5 lbs per week. Now one thing I know is that these numbers are not always right, but I feel like that is better than cutting straight to 1200 calories or below and starving myself. 
     I will also be eating healthier. I already gave up drinking soda except on occasions where I want to treat myself. That cuts out a decent amount of sugar every day, week, and month of the year. I am also eating more veggies and fruits every day in place of eating burgers, pizza, and fries. 

     This week my motivation is a little different than what it would normally be, because I didn't really have any one specific thing that motivated me. I just woke up and realized that I had fallen off my goal of losing weight and being healthy and that I needed to get back on it.



    I hope that this will help some of you that are struggling with weight loss see that you are not the only ones struggling. I will talk to you all next week with a check in. Leave me comments about your weight loss journey, I would love to hear your stories. 



No comments:

Post a Comment