Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Weight Loss Wednesday: Week Two





     Well today marks the end of week two of this weight loss challenge and I am sad to say I am not where I wanted to be. It is getting harder for me to control exactly what I eat on the weekends because of the fast food choices that we have here at my school that are our only options for dinner on the weekends. The problem is not that I don't know what I can't eat, but rather that I do know what I can eat and my eyes are bigger than my stomach and then I don't want to waste any of my food. I know it is silly but it is something that is ingrained in my head and I am having a harder time getting over that than I thought I would. Everyone has to start somewhere, my weight loss is just taking a lot longer to kick off than I would have liked. I am still working with some apps that I have on my phone and trying to use them enough to be able to review them in a Weight Loss Wednesday post here in the next week or two. I will give you a sneak peak though, they have to do with setting weight loss goals as well as tracking your food. I am using both of them a lot during the week and so far I like them. I just don't want to say too much before I know exactly how I feel about them.
     Last week I weighed in at 208.7. That was a gain for me and it was a downer because it meant that I didn't get to start the weight loss journey off with something positive for you guys, but I promised I was going to be real so I sucked it up and posted it anyway and knew that I wanted to jump back on the wagon this week. Wednesday to Friday went pretty well for me last week and even through between Thursday and Saturday morning I didn't lose any weight, I held the same so I had hoped that meant this weekend would go better than it did. Saturday and Sunday was a struggle as it usually is. Monday morning was actually an uplifting day because even though I had gained between then and when I weighted in before the weekend I did not gain as much as I thought I would. I was still under what I was last week and in my mind that in itself was a win. Monday my eating went a little haywire because I accidentally ate way under my calories for the day so when I went to eat a snack that night I ended up eating way to much. Luckily for me there was no weight gain after that and it reminded me that I needed to be a little more careful about what calories I am eating through the day to make sure I am not way under my calories and I am not eating some ridiculous amount of calories before bed. Tuesday went slightly better, however I ended up splurging on some ice cream at dinner because it was birthday cake, and I have a weakness for that. Other than that food went well and I did not gain any weight so I was okay with that small splurge I had. This week I weighed in at 208.2 and with all the downs I had this week I am okay with that. It was at least a loss, no matter how small it was. I promise next week I start having pictures, I just keep forgetting to take them when I go to weigh.
     This weeks plan is pretty much the same as last weeks. Eating less calories and making sure the calories I do eat are good for me are the main things I am focusing on. As well as getting out and walking more to do some exercise. My exercise plan did get nipped in the butt last week since it stormed every day of the week pretty much so I didn't really get to walk like I had wanted to. I also didn't go to the rec center that we have on campus and use the track because I knew people would look at me weird for walking around the track and not running. If the weather is as terrible this week I will probably try to go see if there is a treadmill open at the rec and see if I can use it. This is another simple week to try to help get me started. I am also going home this week so I am going to try to cut back my fast food choices since I will be at home and able to have my mom cook for me. So hopefully this weekend will be a little better and be able to put me back on track.

     This weeks motivation does not come in the form of a picture or a quote as last weeks did, though that picture is still the lock screen for my phone. This week my motivation was that I got the text from my manager telling me that I was allowed to come back to work at Dairy Queen over the summer since I agreed to drop my title of Shift Leader and go back to just crew since I would be seasonal. The reason this is motivation for me is because I know that I have a little under a month to kick my fast food and ice cream habits if I don't want to go back to work there and ruin everything I have worked for. Plus I want to look a little thinner in the shirts that we wear, not that I look bad, but I work with people who are mostly tiny so it is a little motivation to make the shirt fit better and show them all that I didn't gain the freshman 15 while I was away. Which I in no way did to start with, but I want that to show outwardly.

I hope that your weight loss journey is going well for all of you. Let me know what your motivation for this week is in the comments and I will see you all next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment