Wednesday, June 25, 2014

DIY: Spray painted mirror

I am bringing you another DIY today. I recently was looking for a mirror that I could use for my dorm room that was pink. I was having trouble finding that color that I wanted, or pink anything for that matter, so I decided that I would just spray paint it.


Materials:
1. Your mirror (DUH)

2. Spray paint color that you would like to use (You will need two or three cans)

3. News paper so that you can cover your mirror so paint does not get on it.

4. Painters tape or masking tape to take down the news paper.

Step 1:
Begin taping off your mirror so that you wont get paint on anything except the white part. This is important so that you dont have to spend time afterwards trying to get paint off of the mirror.

Step 2:
Begin spraying your mirror with the paint. It is actually a lot easier that it might sound. It is going to take a lot of coats if you want it very opaque. Plus if you are like me and bought straight glitter paint it is going to take FOREVER to get done.

Step 3:












Let the paint dry and then peel off the tape as well as the newspaper. I forgot to take pictures after I did that but I did love the way it turned out.

Step 4:
If you did get paint on to your mirror you will want to take some sort of paint thinner or fingernail polish remover or something and use it to get the paint off the mirror.


I hope you guys all enjoyed this DIY if you have any more DIY requests or post requests please leave them in the comments.

~Kaylan

No comments:

Post a Comment