Tuesday, June 17, 2014

CollegeTime: Early shopping





I dont know how many other people are really excited to start college but I know that my roommate Olivia and I are.We both started trying to do some early dorm shopping and let me tell you, it hasnt worked out the greatest for either of us. I figure that maybe everyone could benefit from my mistakes in trying to shop to early.

The fact that it is the middle of June made me think that buying things for college would actually be easy, and that most stores would have their college stuff out, oh no. I was wrong about that. EVERY store I went to had maybe three things total for college. It was one of those moments where I kind of wanted to cry because I was so excited to get my stuff for school and my dreams were shot down. Here are the stores I tried...and almost cried at:
This store was actually one of the biggest disappointments I had. They did have a few of their dorm bedding sets out as well as a few shower caddies. My only issue was that they had the smallest selection of bedding I have ever seen in my life. And the other problem I had was nothing was pink. I can not even begin to tell you the problems I have had finding things in pink. When I do finally find them none of the pink colors match. Needless to say I have not bought anything from Bed Bath & Beyond yet, though I hope I will be able to.


I had slightly more success here. They didnt have any of their dorm stuff out, but I did find a comforter, sheets, pillows, and blankets here that were all in pink. My comforter is black and white zebra bur it was on sale and I love zebra. So I could totally stand that its not pink. I also priced out some things for bathrooms as well as some storage items. I have to wait on those until the beginning of July when Olivia and I figure out exactly where our rooms are at. 



Walmart didnt have any of their dorm stuff out either, however they always have a lot of things for rooms so I did pretty well here as well. I got another pink fuzzy pillow, some bowls, a set of towels and washcloths, a mirror, and an alarm clock. It was still hard to find anything here in hot pink. So I bought a white mirror and I cam going to attempt to paint it the color I want. That will be a later post, I can promise that.


Those were the three stores I went to. And even though on paper it looks like the trip when well considering that is June, if you were there for it you would understand how hard it actually was to find anything I needed or wanted. Especially in the color I wanted.

~Kaylan

No comments:

Post a Comment