Monday, January 12, 2015

Planner Supply Haul: Target Dollar Spot


   I have recently learned that the planner section on Instagram is not exactly the best place for me to look. I see things I want and then end up spending waaay too much money on planner things each month, no make that each week. I have been trying to refrain, however the last three days have consisted of buying planner supplies. Today I am making a vow that for the rest of the month I will only get things I need. Since I am going back to school and if I leave campus I will never find a place to part again that shouldn't be hard.

   I made an exception today to buying planner things because there is not a Target in the town that my college is in, so I went in just to see if they had any of the Valentine's day stuff yet and they did. I wanted to get so much more than I did but I tried to resist. I think I spent about $7-$8 today so I would say that is successful. So since I have joined everyone else in their Target obsession I figured I would make a little haul post for you guys today.


  This is just a quick look at everything I bought. I know the picture isn't great but do to filming a YouTube video my actual camera was dead, so I opted for my phone.



  Next I bought sticky notes that were in the dollar section because we all know that I just need so many more. I have so many I could probably make an entire YouTube video about them. Anyway I grabbed two packs of the valentine themed ones that came with two sticky notes types in a pack. I actually picked up the candy heart ones on accident, I was trying to pick up the owl ones and grabbed the wrong thing, but I still like them. They are pretty cute, and I know I will use them a lot during February. Then I picked up one pack of some black and white ones that were in the dollar section. I know a lot of people say these sticky notes don't stick the best but I really haven't had much of a problem with them if I stick them to a laminated sheet. If I stick it to normal paper though I have to washi tape it a lot.


  Then I picked up two packages of washi tape, or as pretty much every place calls it now, paper tape. The one on the left is a red glitter tape and the one on the right says Happy Valentine's Day. Now I just have to say that I have never gotten as much washi tape for a dollar on a role as I have from the Target dollar spot or Dollar Tree. I can rarely ever find the washi at either place but when I can it always has a whole lot more on a role than anywhere else.


   Next I picked up a chalk marker. I got this because last week I picked up some chalk board sticker flags from the dollar spot (which are still available if you want them) and didn't have anything to write on them with. I did buy some white gel pens at Jo Ann's the other day that work well, but when I saw this chalk marker I knew I needed it to try to make things a little less permanent. Let's just say it doesn't exactly work how I thought it would, but it was a cool concept and I will find some way that I can use it.


  The last thing that I got where these huge clothes pins. They were actually the very first thing I saw and I decided I needed them. When I got home I wasn't really sure what I was going to use them for, but I am using one as a marker for my blog section of my planner/ life binder. I have not found a use for the striped one yet.

  That is it for my Target Dollar Spot haul. I hope you guys liked seeing the completely un-needed things that I splurged on today. I am thinking that next month will be a no spend month for me...except for Valentine's day of course. Let me know what your favorite items from this haul are in the comments, or even just let me know what your favorite dollar spot items are.

See you later this week for the free printable post,
   Kaylan


No comments:

Post a Comment